- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Ratings: Koscielny the boss as sloppy Arsenal beat Newcastle 1-0
Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny scored a second half winner to secure a vital 1-0 win over Newcastle United at the Emirates this afternoon.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 8/10 - Superb save to deny Wijnaldum when clean through early in the second half. Made several other decent saves. Such an important player for us now.
Bellerin 7/10 – Was a real handful during the early stages but his final ball was poor at times.
Mertesacker 5/10 – Struggled against the pace of Wijnaldum and Perez. Needed to use all his experience to see out the win.
Koscielny 8.5/10 – On hand to poke home the winning goal and was outstanding at the back too. MOTM.
Monreal 5/10 – Given a tough time down his side but wasn’t given a lot of protection by those in front of him.
Flamini 6/10 – Struggled to match the intensity of the Newcastle midfield and was lucky not to be sent off.
Ramsey 7/10 – Forced a decent late save from Elliot but then missed a great chance to wrap things up in injury time.
Walcott 5.5/10 – Couldn’t get in the game or use his pace to any effect.
Ozil 7.5/10 – Pulled the strings again and showed glimpses of his quality but we just weren’t at his going forward today which obviously affected his impact.
Oxlade-Chamberlain 5.5/10 – In and out the game but even when he did produce some nice runs, his final ball was poor.
Giroud 7/10 – Grabbed the assist for Koscielny’s goal but was largely kept under wraps by the Newcastle defence.
Chambers 6/10 – Added some much needed energy to the midfield.