- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
Ratings: Mertesacker has shocker as Arsenal thrashed by Saints
Our title challenge took a major setback after a shocking performance and some questionable refereeing decisions saw us lose 4-0 at Southampton tonight.
The first three goals were all scored in controversial circumstances but that shouldn’t detract from just how poorly we played. We didn’t deserve a thing from the game.
These are my ratings:
Cech 5/10 – Poor off his line for some crosses, especially the Fonte header.
Bellerin 6/10 – Got forward but his delivery was poor. Given plenty of problems at the back.
Koscielny 6/10 – Unusually shaky but should have been awarded a free-kick for a clear foul in the build up to the second.
Mertesacker 4/10 – Shocking performance. Poor clearance for the first and was given a torrid time by Long’s pace all evening.
Monreal 5.5/10 – Caught out of position a few times and was given some problems by Mane.
Flamini 5/10 – Offered very little. Couldn’t get near the likes of Mane and slowed down our attacks.
Ramsey 7/10 – Played a couple of superb passes but Rambo and Flamini is not the answer in the middle of the park.
Walcott 5/10 – Struggled to get in the game and couldn’t utilise his pace.
Özil 5/10 – Marked out of the game by Wanyama and Clasie. Just couldn’t get on the ball at all and missed a decent chance late on.
Campbell 5/10 – Another who struggled to make any impact on the game. Worked hard to cover his full-back though.
Giroud 4/10 – Barely touched the ball. He had very little service but I didn’t see him making too much effort to find space for himself.
The Ox 5/10 – Put a couple of crosses in but not much else.