- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsene Wenger offers injury update ahead of Southampton trip
Arsene Wenger has been speaking at his pre-match press conference this morning ahead of our Boxing Day trip to Southampton and he’s given reporters a team news update.
The boss confirmed that none of our injured players are ready to return just yet meaning we’ll have to choose from the same squad that beat Manchester City on Monday night.
Alexis remains out after suffering a setback in his recovery from a hamstring injury last week. The Chilean attacker was expected to be in the squad against City but he’s now set to miss another four games and not return until January 10th.
Arteta is understood to be close to making his comeback following another calf injury but it seems the Southampton game will still come too soon for the experienced midfielder.
Wilshere is another who’s close to making his long-awaited comeback from a fractured fibula. Jack has been out since suffering the injury on the eve of our Community Shield win over Chelsea but he should be back in contention in the early New Year.
Welbeck, Rosicky, Coquelin and Cazorla all remain out with long-term injuries so we’ll be without a total of seven first team players for the trip to St Mary’s on Saturday evening.
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) December 23, 2015