- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal blow as Wenger confirms Sanchez injury setback
Unfortunately Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Alexis Sanchez has suffered a setback in his recovery from a hamstring injury and has been ruled out until January 10th.
Sanchez returned to training last week after missing three matches with a hamstring problem and he was expected to be back in the squad for Monday night’s clash with Manchester City.
The Chilean international’s name was missing when the team sheets were announced – although fans thought the boss had simply decided against taking a risk on his fitness.
However, speaking to reporters after our 2-1 victory over City, Arsene revealed that Alexis was left out as he suffered a setback in training on Saturday and is has now been ruled out until January 10.
It means Alexis will now miss the entire festive period and sit out upcoming Premier League games against Southampton, Bournemouth, Newcastle and Sunderland. If all goes to plan, he should then be in contention for the huge trip to Anfield to face Liverpool on the 13th.
The news is a huge blow and it puts even more pressure on our squad during a busy period. We’re already without the likes of Danny Welbeck and Jack Wilshere so with Sanchez now also on the sidelines, the pressure is really on the likes of Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott and Campbell to fill the void on the wings.
— Sky Sports News HQ (@SkySportsNewsHQ) December 21, 2015