- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal injury boost: Star to return in January
It appears reports that Danny Welbeck suffered an injury set-back were wide of the mark as the Evening Standard claim the attacker is on course to return next month.
Welbeck has been on the sidelines since way back in April when he suffered what was initially thought to be a minor knee injury during our 0-0 draw with Chelsea.
The injury proved to be far more serious and Danny was eventually forced to undergo surgery in September which was expected to keep him out until January.
Reports earlier this week claimed that the 25-year-old had suffered a set-back and was facing the prospect of not returning to action until February at the earliest.
However, it looks like we’ve been handed a boost as the Evening Standard claim that reports of a setback are wide of the mark and Welbeck is on course to make his return next month.
This is great news if true as it would have been a major blow to lose Welbeck until February. We’ve had to rely heavily on Olivier Giroud up front in recent months and we really need another option in attack to boost our title challenge during the second half of the season.
I think we’ve missed Welbeck as he’s a versatile member of the squad so hopefully he’ll be able to make his comeback next month.