- Preview: Sunderland v Arsenal, duo ruled out, Ox starts + prediction
- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
Wenger offers Alexis Sanchez injury update…
Arsene Wenger has offered an injury update on Alexis Sanchez and says its unlikely the attacker will be fit to face Manchester City next week.
Sanchez has missed our recent wins over Sunderland, Olympiakos and more recently today’s 2-0 win at Aston Villa after suffering a hamstring injury two weeks ago.
The attacker has been spending time back in his native Chile to aid his rehabilitation but is due back in the UK this evening and will resume full training on Monday morning.
This led many to believe Alexis would be fit to face Manchester City when they come to the Emirates for a crucial top-of-the-table clash a week on Monday.
However, speaking to Arsenal.com after today’s win at Villa Park, the boss revealed that the clubs medical staff feel he will be short for the City game, but Arsene says there is still a chance Alexis could get himself fit in time for the game.
The closest to having a chance is Alexis. Medically, we think – my people think, he will not be ready [for Manchester City] but Alexis being Alexis, you never know.
If Alexis does resume training tomorrow and gets a full week under his belt without any issues, then I would be surprised if he wasn’t at least in the squad next Monday.
We all know Sanchez is a quick healer and he’ll bust a gut to get himself fit for the game, so I’d personally be amazed if he doesn’t feature against City but let’s see how things progress over the next week.