- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Wenger confirms major injury boost with star set to resume training
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Alexis Sanchez is due to resume training on Monday and could be back in the squad to face Manchester City.
Sanchez has missed our last two games after being forced off against Norwich City two weeks ago after suffering a hamstring injury in the second half.
The attacker was initially ruled out for at least 3/4 weeks, while further reports suggested he could end up missing six weeks, which wouldn’t see him return until well in to the New Year.
Alexis was given permission to head back to his native Chile to help with his rehabilitation and it seems to have done the tricky as the boss has now revealed that he’ll be back in training on Monday morning.
The club will assess his condition over the course of next week and Arsene has refused to rule out the possibility of Sanchez being available when City come to the Emirates a week on Monday.
He told the Daily Mail:
‘He trains with us on Monday morning.”
‘I sent him back to Chile, where he has been with the physio of the national team, and we will see what kind of state he is in next week.’
‘He may be a bit short for City, certainly, but with Alexis you never know.’
It will be a MAJOR boost to have Alexis back for the City game. Arsene is right not to put too much pressure on him being available just yet but if he gets a full weeks training under his belt, I think it’s safe to say he’ll be in the squad.
We’ve actually coped well in his absence with Joel Campbell in particular stepping up to the plate, but obviously we’d all love to see Alexis line-up when City come to town.
Let’s see how he progresses over the next week but even if he fails to make the City game, it looks like Sanchez will be fit over the festive and New Year period.