- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal tipped to move for £15m-rated powerhouse in January
According to the Mirror, Arsene Wenger has made Victor Wanyama his number one January transfer target and will make a formal move for the midfielder next month.
Santi Cazorla and Francis Coquelin have picked up serious injuries over the past two weeks to further limit our options in the middle of the park.
Neither player is expected back before February/March and with Jack Wilshere and Mikel Arteta also struggling to stay fit, it looks like the boss will be forced into the market this winter.
And according to the Mirror, Arsene has set his sights on Wanyama and is ready to test Southampton’s resolve with a formal move in January.
Wanyama has been constantly linked with a move to the Emirates ever since his days at Celtic and it’s believed we’ve been keeping a close eye on his progress at St Mary’s over the past two seasons.
The newspaper suggests that we’ll have to pay in excess of £15m for the powerful Kenyan international but we all know we’ve got ample funds at our disposal, so that type of money wouldn’t be a problem.
Wanyama is a top player and at 24-years-old, he’s still got plenty of time to develop further and I’ve got no doubt he’d do just that under the tutelage of Arsene Wenger if he was to move to North London.
Southampton did well to keep hold of him in the summer but they may struggle to keep him at the club in January if we put a tempting offer on the table, and I think he’d be an excellent addition if we can pull it off.