- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Champions League last 16 draw: Find out who Arsenal could face
Arsenal booked their place in the knockout stages of the Champions League with a sensational 3-0 victory at Olympiacos last night.
Oli Giroud was the hero as he scored a superb hat-trick to secure the 3-0 win that saw us leapfrog the Greeks into second spot thanks to our superior head-to-head record.
While qualifying for the last 16 is an excellent achievement given how poorly we started the group stages, finishing second means we could now face some of the big boys in the knockout phase.
Thankfully we can’t draw Bayern Munich having faced them in the group stage, but there is a possibility we could draw Spanish giants Barcelona or Real Madrid.
We can’t face fellow Premier League sides Chelsea or Manchester City – who both topped their groups – so the remaining three teams are Zenit, Atletico Madrid or Wolfsburg.
To confirm, the five possible opponents in Monday’s draw are:
- Zenit St Petersburg
- Real Madrid
- Atletico Madrid
Obviously we desperately want to avoid Spain’s big two and ideally we’d swerve Atletico as well, but I’d fancy our chances against Zenit or Wolfsburg.
Either way, it’s just a relief to be in the knockouts but let’s hope we can do better than we’ve done in recent years.