- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal star named in Champions League Team of the Week
Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud has been named in the WhoScored Champions League Team of the Week after his Man of the Match display against Olympiakos.
Giroud has taken a fair bit of criticism this season, even from his own fans, but he stepped-up last night and bagged himself a superb hat-trick in Athens – which was his first treble for the club.
His goals secured a 3-0 victory over Olympiakos and booked our place in the knockout stages of the Champions League, and Oli was widely voted as the MOTM last night.
It comes as no surprise to see him named in the WhoScored Team of the Week as well, with his hat-trick performance earning him a score of 9.49.
It wasn’t quiet up to the standard’s of Ronaldo or Benzema, who both got a perfect 10/10 score following Real Madrid’s 8-0 thrashing of Malmo, but it was certainly an excellent all-round display by our big French hitman.
Congratulations Giroud….fully deserved: