- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
Alexis Sanchez Injury Update…
It appears Arsenal are set to be handed a major injury boost with reports claiming that Alexis Sanchez will return to training next week.
Sanchez has been given permission to head back to his native Chile to recuperate from the hamstring injury that he suffered against Norwich late last month.
The 26-year-old has missed our wins over Sunderland and Olympiakos and there were fears he was facing up to six weeks out meaning he may not return until the New Year.
However, it looks like he’s set for a swift return to action as reports today suggest Alexis is recovering well and will resume full training next week.
As long as he doesn’t suffer any set-backs, Sanchez should then put himself in contention to face Manchester City at the Emirates on the 21st.
The commentators during last night’s Olympiakos game also indicated that Arsenal staff had told them they were confident Sanchez would be back next weekend, so it looks as though we should have him available for the big game with City.
That would be a HUGE boost as the match is going to be pivotal in our title challenge and our hopes of beating the Citizens are certainly improved if Sanchez was to be in the team.
He’ll miss Sunday’s trip to Aston Villa but let’s hope Alexis makes a successful return to training next week and gets himself fit for the festive period.