- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Walcott & Giroud start: My Arsenal XI to take on Olympiacos
Our Champions League fate will be decided when we take on Olympicos in Athens tomorrow night. This is the side I’d select for the game.
Petr Cech should start in goal, obviously.
Defence: Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal
Koscielny showed no signs of the hip injury that almost kept him out of the game against Sunderland on Saturday so there’s no reason he shouldn’t line-up alongside Mertesacker at the back.
Bellerin and Monreal should retain their places as they are firmly our first choice full backs right now.
Midfield: Flamini, Ramsey
With Cazorla and Coquelin facing extended spells on the sidelines our midfield options have been further decimated in recent weeks. Wilshere is expected to return at the end of the month but this game will obviously come too soon while Arteta is also still out.
There has been talk of Chambers being given a go in midfield but it won’t happen tomorrow night. Therefore, Arsene will have little choice but to stick with Flamini alongside Ramsey.
Attack: Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ozil, Walcott
The Ox looked a little rusty on Saturday but I’d still go with him ahead of Campbell. It may be a little harsh on the Costa Rican but I feel Chamberlain brings more to the team overall so he should start along with Ozil.
Walcott made his return to the first team with a cameo off the bench against Sunderland and I think he should start against Olympiacos. We have to win the game and score at least two goals, and Theo is a real threat so I’d put him in the starting line-up.
Some have suggested Walcott should start up top ahead of Giroud and I’d usually agree. However, we need goals tomorrow and there’s no doubt Giroud is a threat when he’s on form. Despite his erratic displays recently, he is still our top goal scorer this season so should keep his place up front.
This would be my line-up:
What side would you put out for the game?