- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
[Graphic] Proof Mesut Ozil is the best playmaker in Europe
Arsenal attacker Mesut Ozil is statistically the best playmaker in Europe right now.
The German international has been in sensational form in recent weeks and was once again central to our victory over Sunderland as he played-in Joel Campbell for the opening goal with a pin-point through ball.
It was Ozil’s 12th assist in just 13 games and this stat makes him the best ‘assister’ in Europe by far with his nearest rival coming in with 8. The next best in the Premier League is Kevin De Bruyne/Gerard Deulofeu/David Silva/Riyad Mahrez who all have 6 assists.
Ozil has created a staggering 63 chances for his team mates this season, which again is the best in Europe with the closest rival creating 55 and in the Premier League 47. So Mesut has created 16 more chances than any other player in the Prem.
The graphics below quite simply prove that no matter what the haters say, Ozil is easily the best playmaker in European football at present.
With Sanchez and Cazorla out for the foreseeable future, there is a lot of pressure on Ozil to carry Arsenal forward over the coming weeks, so let’s hope his excellent form continues.