- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Ratings: Cech outstanding for Arsenal during win over Sunderland
Arsenal moved up to second in the Premier League table with a 3-1 victory over Sunderland at the Emirates this afternoon.
However, the scoreline doesn’t tell the whole story as the result would have been very different if not for the brilliance of Petr Cech in goal.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 8.5/10 – Made several key saves, including stops to deny Borini and Fletcher. Outstanding once again.
Bellerin 5.5/10 – Given a tough time down his flank. Caught out positionally too often.
Mertesacker 7/10 – Made a superb last ditch tackle to prevent Fletcher going clean through at 0-0. Captains performance at the back.
Koscielny 6.5/10 – Gave away a needless free-kick which led to the equaliser but was otherwise solid enough.
Monreal 7/10 – Played a key part in the second goal and was a real threat going forward.
Flamini 6.5/10 – Passing was sloppy at times and nearly scored an own goal. Coquelin is a huge miss.
Ramsey 7.5/10 – A mixed game in truth. Missed a couple of decent chances but played a lovely ball to set-up Giroud for the second goal and sealed the win with a late third.
Oxlade-Chamberlain 6/10 – Still looked extremely rusty. Just couldn’t get in the game enough.
Özil 8.5/10 – Another assist for the German as he played a superb ball to set-up Campbell and he ran the show for much of the game. Another excellent display.
Campbell 7.5/10 – Lovely finish to open the scoring and worked hard all game. Great attitude.
Giroud 6.5/10 – Scored a calamitous own goal but made amends by scoring a beautiful header to make it 2-1. Still looked knackered to me.
Walcott 6/10 - Had a couple of half chances. Great to see him back.