- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal handed huge injury blow as key man ruled out for 3 months
Our season is once again under threat from injuries as the Guardian are reporting that Santi Cazorla is facing at least three months out with a knee injury.
Cazorla suffered a knee problem during our 1-1 draw at Norwich on Sunday shortly after half time but was allowed to complete the full ninety minutes.
Arsene Wenger admitted after the game that Santi finished the game ‘on one leg’ as the injury got progressively worse and the boss was concerned there was some serious damage done to the knee.
It looks like those fears were well placed as the Guardian claim that Cazorla has suffered ligament damage and has been ruled out until at least March.
The Spaniard will undergo further tests but the club are worried Cazorla may actually be out for even longer, putting in to question whether he’ll even play again this season.
Nothing official has come from Arsenal as yet but if these reports are accurate then it will come as yet another devastating injury blow.
To lose Coquelin to a long term injury was bad enough but I’m not sure now we’re going to cope now that Cazorla is also facing an extended spell on the sidelines.
Aaron Ramsey is back so he may now have to play alongside Mathieu Flamini over the coming weeks until Jack Wilshere is available again in the New Year.
Once again, it looks like injuries to key men could derail our season. Sanchez is out for at least three weeks too, so our squad is really being stretched to it’s limits as we head into the festive period.