- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal duo nominated for PFA Fans’ Player of the Month for November
Arsenal duo Mesut Ozil and Olivier Giroud have been nominated for the PFA Fans’ Player of the Month award for November.
Due to the international break, we’ve only had two Premier League games so far in November in addition to the two Champions League matches we’ve played this month, so players haven’t had a lot of game-time to make an impression.
However, Ozil has been in excellent form in recent weeks as he made it seven games in succession where he’s provided an assist after setting up goals against Tottenham and West Brom, while he was also on target in our win over Dinamo Zagren in midweek.
Therefore, it comes as no surprise that the German playmaker has been nominated for the PFA Fans’ Player of the Month.
Giroud’s inclusion is something of a surprise though as I think he’s been fairly lackluster of late. He was very poor against Spurs and was barely involved after opening the scoring against West Brom last weekend, but he’s also made the 12-man shortlist.
I think Ozil should have a decent chance of winning the award but he’ll face some stiff competition from Leicester striker Jamie Vardy, while Manchester United’s Chris Smalling and Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho are also in the sunning.
Alexis Sanchez won the October award, can Ozil make it two in a row for the Gunners? We’ll have to wait and see. Here is a list of all the nominees, as confirmed by Sky Sports:
- Chris Smalling (Manchester United)
- Deli Alli (Tottenham)
- Harry Kane (Tottenham)
- Jamie Vardy (Leicester)
- Jermain Defoe (Sunderland)
- Mesut Ozil (Arsenal)
- Olivier Giroud (Arsenal)
- Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool)
- Riyad Mahrez (Leicester)
- Romelu Lukaku (Everton)
- Ryan Shawcross (Stoke)
- Virgil van Dijk (Southampton)