- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Wenger: Sanchez a doubt for Norwich due to hamstring injury
Arsene Wenger has revealed that Alexis Sanchez is a doubt for Sunday’s Premier League clash with Norwich City due to a minor hamstring problem.
The Chilean international completed the full ninety minutes as his Man of the Match performance helped us to a 3-0 victory over Dinamo Zagreb in the Champions League on Tuesday night.
However, speaking at his pre-match press conference this morning, the boss has confirmed that Sanchez is suffering from a small hamstring problem ahead of our trip to Carrow Road this weekend.
Many fans will be hoping Alexis isn’t risked on Sunday but Wenger suggests he’ll resist the temptation to rest the attacker if the clubs medical team give him the green light to play.
I personally think it would be a huge risk to start Sanchez if he’s carrying a knock as the last thing we want is to aggravate the injury and see him ruled out for an extended period.
Therefore, if The Ox is available again, I’d start him and Campbell on the wings and give Sanchez a breather – but I do appreciate that will be difficult given how well the South American is playing right now.
Wenger says Sanchez had a small hamstring alarm but always difficult to rest him if medics say he is ok
— Gary Jacob (@garyjacob) November 26, 2015