- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Wenger confirms double injury boost ahead of Norwich clash
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is expected to return to the squad this weekend while Theo Walcott is also edging closer to making his comeback.
We head to Carrow Road on Sunday afternoon and the boss revealed that The Ox should be available after recovering from a hamstring injury that’s seen him ruled out for over a month.
The midfielder’s return could be well timed as Wenger also confirmed that Alexis Sanchez is carrying a minor hamstring injury so Chamberlain could replace the Chilean if he’s ruled out.
In what’s a double boost, the boss also revealed that Walcott is closing in on making his comeback. Theo has been on the sidelines since picking up a calf injury against Sheffield Wednesday last month.
However, the 26-year-old is now back running again and although he won’t be in contention to face Norwich, he could mark his return to the squad against Sunderland next weekend.
It will be a major boost to have The Ox and Walcott available again as we’ve been low on options in attack in recent weeks. Giroud and Sanchez are in desperate need of a rest so Arsene should be able to rotate his team a little bit over the coming weeks.
Wenger: 'Ox should be back in the squad. Walcott is back running but won't be back on Sunday" #AFC
— Isaac Moore (@IsaacMoore91) November 26, 2015