- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Ratings: Arteta has a nightmare as Arsenal lose 2-1 to West Brom
It was ‘one of those days’ for Arsenal as we somehow managed to lose 2-1 at West Brom, despite the home side having just one shot on target throughout the ninety minutes.
We took the lead through a Giroud header but gifted West Brom an equaliser with some terrible defending from a set-play before Arteta [on for the injured Coquelin] put through his own net just before half time.
We dominated the second half and were given the ideal opportunity to equalise in the 86th minute when Sanchez was hauled down in the box, but Cazorla slipped to blaze the resulting spot kick over the bar.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 6/10 – Nothing he could could do for the first but could perhaps have done better with the cross for the second.
Bellerin 5/10 – A disappointing game all round. Poor defending for West Brom’s first goal and the second came from a cross down his side, too. Booked.
Koscielny 6/10 – A mixed game from Kos. Looked shaky at times but showed his class on other occasions.
Mertesacker 6/10 – Looked a little sluggish at times and won’t have been happy to concede two goals in the manner we did.
Monreal 6/10 – Not particularly at fault for either goal but wasn’t up to his usual high standards.
Coquelin N/A - Forced off after just 12 minutes with a knee injury. Sigh.
Cazorla 6/10 - Crucial slip to blaze his penalty miles over the bar. Awful effort.
Gibbs 6/10 – Played left wing and was a little wasteful at times.
Ozil 7.5/10 – Another assist for the German and he played some wonderful passes. Also hit the post.
Alexis 7.5/10 – Was arguably our best player. Worked harder than any other player to try and get us back in the game. Won the penalty but just wasn’t to be.
Giroud 7/10 – Lovely close-range header to open the scoring but offered little else.
Arteta 4/10 – Gave away the free-kick that led to the equaliser then put through his own net before going off injured shortly after half-time. Nightmare. Should be nowhere near the first team these days.
Flamini 5/10 – Didn’t really notice he was on the pitch.
Campbell 5/10 – Worked hard when he came on but missed a sitter to make it 2-2.