- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Arsene Wenger delivers concerning injury update on Francis Coquelin
Arsene Wenger has delivered a concerning update on Francis Coquelin after describing his injury as ‘more severe’ than Mikel Arteta’s calf problem.
Coquelin was forced off early-on during our disappointing defeat at West Brom on Saturday afternoon after hurting his knee during a 50-50 challenge in midfield.
Arsenal fans were understandably keen for an update on his situation but the boss was reluctant to speculate on how long the midfielder could be out for after the game.
However, the Frenchman did say Coquelin’s injury was ‘more severe’ than the calf problem that forced Arteta off during the second half.
PhysioRoom injury analyst Ben Dinnery quoted Arsene as saying at his post-match press conference:
Wenger says the knee injury suffered by Francis Coquelin is "more severe" than the muscular problem which forced Mikel Arteta off #AFC
— Ben Dinnery (@BenDinnery) November 21, 2015
That sounds ominous to me and I’m sure I wouldn’t be the only one not surprised if we don’t see Coquelin again for several weeks. Let’s hope not as it would be a devastating blow to lose the midfielder for any period of time.
Arteta is also facing a spell out with another calf problem so we’d be relying on Mathieu Flamini in the holding midfield role.
Predictably, it looks like injuries could once again derail what was a promising season….