- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Danny Welbeck Injury Update
According to reports, Arsenal are confident Danny Welbeck will be back in training in January and return to first team action by February.
Welbeck is yet to feature for us this season after suffering what was initially thought to be a minor knee injury way back in April last season.
The injury proved to be difficult to shift over the summer and the attacker was eventually forced to go under the knife in September which ruled him out until the New Year.
Welbeck has been making steady progress in his rehabilitation and according to HITC Sport, sources close to the club have confirmed he’s on course to resume full training in early January.
It’s going to take a few weeks for him to regain match fitness but as long as the 24-year-old doesn’t suffer any set-backs, he should then be back in contention for a first team recall before February.
The return of Danny will come as a welcome boost as we’ve seen the squad once again decimated by injuries in recent months – particularly in attack with Olivier Giroud currently the only fit striker available to boss Arsene Wenger.
Jack Wilshere, Theo Walcott, Aaron Ramsey, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Tomas Rosicky are also expected to return over the course of the next few weeks so we should have a healthy squad by mid-January.
Unless of course we pick up fresh injury problems, which is almost a certainty over the busy festive period!