- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal face fight with Barcelona to land Italian international
According to talkSPORT, Arsenal are going to have to fight off competition from Barcelona to land Roma’s highly-rated defender Alessandro Florenzi.
Arsene Wenger is on the look-out for a new right-back as doubts continue over the long-term future of Mathieu Debuchy with the Frenchman struggling to regain his best form after missing much of last season through injury.
Several names have been linked with a move to the Emirates in recent months but Roma’s versatile full-back Alessandro Florenzi has emerged as a key target.
Recent reports have suggested that the boss is a big fan of the 24-year-old’s and is eyeing a move for the Italian international either in January or next summer.
However, it appears we’re going to have to fight off stiff competition as talkSPORT claim that Barcelona have now joined Arsenal in the race for his signature.
Luis Enrique is also on the look-out for another right-back to replace the ageing Dani Alves and apparently he sees Florenzi as the ideal addition due to his attacking instincts.
Tottenham are also understood to be keeping an eye on the player but let’s be honest, they have no chance if the likes of Barca and Arsenal are interested.
For me, Bellerin will be our first choice right-back for years to come so we need a top quality back-up who can push him and deputise when needed. Florenzi is certainly a top talent but I’m not sure he’d be content coming to Arsenal to play understudy to Bellerin, so I think we may have to look elsewhere in the end.