- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal handed double injury boost with duo set for training return
Arsenal have been handed a double injury boost with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Tomas Rosicky set to resume full first team training.
The Ox has been out since suffering a hamstring injury during the early stages of our Capital One Cup loss at Sheffield Wednesday last Tuesday.
Arsene Wenger immediately ruled him out until after the upcoming international break and it looks as though the midfielder is recovering well as the Telegraph claim he’ll return to training today.
I’m sure the club will ease him back in and there is no chance The Ox will be involved against Tottenham this weekend but at least he should be ready to go once the international break is over in two weeks time.
There has also been a positive update on the recovery of Rosicky with the newspaper reporting that he has been given the all-clear to return to training next week.
The 35-year-old is yet to make an appearance this season after undergoing knee surgery but he’s apparently seen a specialist in Munich and has been told he can now step-up his recovery.
It’s still going to take a while for Tomas to get himself match fit again so I don’t expect he’ll be available for some weeks yet, but it’s still good to hear he’s well on the road to getting himself back on the pitch.