- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
Key Arsenal man a major doubt to face Tottenham
According to the Mirror, Laurent Koscielny is a major doubt for Arsenal’s huge clash with Tottenham this weekend.
Koscielny was left out of last night’s 5-1 drubbing by Bayern Munich in the Champions League after picking up a hip injury.
Arsene Wenger said it was a minor problem and Kos was officially named among the substitutes, with reports initially suggesting his exclusion was nothing more than a precaution.
However, the Mirror are now claiming that the injury is worst than first thought and that the Frenchman was never going to be used against Bayern last night as he didn’t even get changed into his full kit or do a pre-match warm up.
Arsene indicated after the game that the 30-year-old has a ‘small chance’ of featuring against Spurs on Sunday and the paper says he’s now considered as a major doubt.
The news is a huge blow as Koscielny was sorely missed last night and we desperately need him back in defence for the North London derby this weekend.
Hector Bellerin is already set to be ruled out with a groin injury and if Koscielny joins him, then we’ll have an incredible TEN players on the treatment table when Spurs come to the Emirates.
Aaron Ramsey, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott, Mikel Arteta, David Ospina, Jack Wilshere, Danny Welbeck and Tomas Rosicky all remain injured.