- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
Video: Bayern Munich 5-1 Arsenal: Giroud Scores Stunner In Rout
Arsenal were well and truly thrashed 5-1 by Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena on Wednesday night to leave our Champions League hopes hanging in the balance.
The hosts went ahead when Lewandowski was given space to head home but perhaps a big turning point came just one minute later when Ozil’s equaliser was ruled out for an apparent handball. Replay’s showed the ball had struck Ozil’s upper arm/lower shoulder but there was movement towards the ball so it was a tough call.
Bayern took full advantage and soon made it 2-0 through a deflected Muller strike before Alaba fired home from distance to make it 3-0. Arjen Robben came off the bench to make it 4-0 before Giroud pulled one back with a lovely in the 69th minute.
Muller then made it 5-1 late on and to compound our misery, Olympiakos scored a late winner to beat Zagreb 2-1 in Greece. The results mean we need Bayern to beat Olympiakos and we need to win our remaining two games, but also beat the Greeks by two clear goals, to qualify.
Watch the goals below if you want to depress yourself.
Muller to make it 5-1
— FOX Soccer (@FOXSoccer) November 4, 2015