- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Ratings: Arsenal’s defence woeful as Gunners ship 5 at Bayern Munich
Arsenal were thrashed 5-1 by Bayern Munich on Wednesday night. It was one of those games where not a lot went our way and Bayern certainly took their chances while we squandered the majority of ours.
Don’t get me wrong, they were excellent and we deserved to lose, but the game could have been much closer had Ozil’s ‘goal’ stood and we taken a few more chances. Anyway, here are my ratings:
Cech 6/10 – Made a couple of excellent saves and wasn’t particularly at fault for any of the goals.
Debuchy 4/10 – Given a real tough time for most of the game but made a last ditch tackle to deny Robben a fifth late on.
Mertesacker 5/10 – Awful attempt to block Muller’s shot which deflected in for the second. Struggled alongside Debuchy as the lack of pace was badly exposed.
Gabriel 4/10 – Played Lewandowski onside for the opener and was positionally poor on a few occasions.
Monreal 5/10 – Gave his all and thought he’d set-up Ozil’s ‘equaliser’ only to see it ruled out.
Cazorla 5/10 – Bullied out of possession by Alaba before be fired home the third from distance. Should have scored just after we went 4-down but missed a one-on-one.
Coquelin 5/10 – Given the run-around in midfield at times but showed his nifty footwork a couple of times. Passing was a little wayward.
Campbell 5/10 – Worked hard to try and stifle Alaba but struggled overall. Subbed early in the second half.
Ozil 6.5/10 – Unlucky to see an immediate equaliser ruled out for shouldering the ball in. Was one of our better players.
Alexis 5/10 – Lovely assist for Giroud’s goal but was otherwise anonymous. Looked knackered to be honest.
Giroud 7/10 – Combined well with Cazorla and Monreal in the second half and got his rewards with a superb scissor kick goal. Worked hard up top.
Gibbs 5/10 – Tried to add a bit of protection to the defence.
A terrible night. Time to forget it and concentrate on the North London derby….