- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Wenger confirms fresh injury blow ahead of Everton clash
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Mikel Arteta has picked up an injury in training on Thursday and will miss the visit of Everton tomorrow.
With Aaron Ramsey already ruled out for a month, the Spaniard could have been in the manager’s thoughts as we prepare to welcome the Toffees to the Emirates on Saturday evening.
However, he’s now been ruled out after picking up an unspecified injury in training and there is no indication as to how serious the problem is.
Arteta has been plagued by injuries over the past 18 months with his calf’s a particular area of concern, so I wouldn’t be surprised he’s picked up another calf problem.
Obviously Arteta is no longer an important first team player but another injury to a midfielder is the last thing we needed as we’re already down to the bare bones.
Ramsey, Wilshere and Rosicky are already out so with Arteta joining them on the sidelines, Flamini is pretty-much the only back-up we’ve got for Cazorla and Coquelin in the middle of the park.
And who said we didn’t need to buy another central midfielder in the summer?
Here’s what the boss told reporters at his press conference this morning:
Wenger says Arteta suffered an injury in training yesterday and will miss Saturday's game against Everton.
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) October 23, 2015