- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Wenger reveals fresh injury blow: South American ruled out for month
Arsenal have suffered another injury blow as Arsene Wenger has confirmed that David Ospina has been ruled out for a month with a shoulder injury.
The Colombian international has missed our last two games against Watford and Bayern Munich after suffering the injury while away on international duty earlier this month.
There was talk the injury wasn’t serious but it appears it must have been worse than first thought as Arsene has now told Arsenal.com that Ospina won’t feature again until after the next international break.
The boss said:
David Ospina is out for our next game and certainly until the next international break.
Like Ramsey – who has also been ruled out for a month – Ospina will now miss our next five games against Everton, Sheffield Wednesday, Swansea, Bayern Munich and Tottenham but should be back to face West Brom on November 21.
Obviously David wouldn’t have played in any of the Premier League or Champions League fixtures but he would have started in the Capital One Cup clash at Sheffield Wednesday next week so it will be interesting to see who Wenger turns to now.
Matt Macey has been on the substitutes bench in recent games so the 21-year-old could be in line to make his senior debut next week.