- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
Team News: Wenger on Ramsey, Ospina, Wilshere, Welbeck & Rosicky
Arsene Wenger has given a team news update ahead of Arsenal’s clash with Everton on Saturday including the latest on the fitness of Aaron Ramsey, David Ospina, Jack Wilshere, Danny Welbeck and Tomas Rosicky.
Unfortunately the boss confirmed that Ramsey has been ruled out for the next month after suffering a hamstring injury during our win over Bayern Munich on Tuesday night.
Rambo is now set to miss our next five matches including vital games against Bayern Munich and Tottenham but it’s hoped he’ll be fit to return after the next international break.
The Welshman has a history of picking up hamstring injuries so we can’t rush him back but fingers crossed he’ll be fighting fit for the trip to West Brom next month.
In a double blow, the boss also revealed that Ospina is facing a month on the sidelines with a shoulder injury that he sustained while with the Colombia squad earlier this month.
The Arsenal No.2 was in-line to play in our League Cup clash at Sheffield Wednesday on Tuesday so youngster Matt Macey could come in to make his senior debut if Arsene doesn’t want to risk Cech.
The boss also gave a quick update on our three long-term injury victims and confirmed that Wilshere, Welbeck and Rosicky are still on track to return around the New Year.
With Ramsey now out, we’re really going to miss the likes of Wilshere and Welbeck in particular. Let’s hope we don’t suffer any more injuries as the squad is beginning to look a bit thin.
This is what Arsene told Arsenal.com earlier today:
on Aaron Ramsey…
He had a scan today but he’s out. I believe he will be out until after the next international break. With the [last] international break, the fact that he played against Andorra certainly cost Bale and him as well.
on David Ospina…
David Ospina is out for our next game and certainly until the next international break.
on Wilshere, Rosicky and Welbeck…
For them, you can say around the New Year.