- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsene Wenger admits fitness concern over Alexis Sanchez
Arsene Wenger has admitted he’s concerned over the fitness of Alexis Sanchez and says the attacker is ‘exhausted’ following a hectic few weeks.
Sanchez played through a groin injury to play in both of Chile’s World Cup qualifiers against Brazil and Peru earlier this month.
He travelled through the night and only arrived back in North London from South America on Thursday afternoon following the international break but still started for Arsenal at Watford on Saturday.
The 26-year-old played a key role in our 3-0 win at Vicarage Road at the weekend but he was rather subdued against Bayern Munich last night, as he was sloppy in possession and gave the ball away more than any other player on the pitch.
Speaking to Arsenal.com after the game, Arsene admitted Sanchez was ‘jaded’ and says the player is exhausted after a tough couple of weeks.
Alexis, you could see he was a bit jaded physically tonight and he still pushes himself so much but he finished exhausted. The two games with Chile, plus travelling, plus Watford, plus tonight, it is too much.
Based on these comments, I expect Arsene will seriously consider resting Sanchez against Everton on Saturday – although I’m sure he’ll beg to start the game as Alexis HATES to be left out.
Aaron Ramsey is certain to miss the match on Saturday after suffering a hamstring injury last night so if Sanchez is rested then we could see Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain on the left with Theo Walcott moving back to the right-wing and Oli Giroud starting up front.