- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Ratings: Cech The Difference As Arsenal Beat Bayern Munich 2-0
Arsenal are back in business in the Champions League after a superb 2-0 victory over Bayern Munich at the Emirates on Tuesday night thanks to goals from Giroud and Ozil but it was the display of Petr Cech that really made the difference.
These are my ratings:
Cech 9.5/10 – Outstanding. Made a great save to deny Alcantara in the first half and another to keep out Lewandowski after the break. Made several other important stops and his composure gives the defence real confidence. What a player.
Bellerín 9/10 – Magnificent effort to win the ball and set up Ozil for the second in stoppage time. His energy levels are unbelievable. It rounded off another excellent performance. Showed he can perform against the very best.
Mertesacker 8/10 – A calm and composed head at the back is just what we needed against intense pressure from Bayern.
Koscielny 8.5/10 – Made a superb block to deny Lewandowski with the score at 0-0 and he was outstanding against the in-form Pole.
Monreal 8/10 – Did superbly to keep Muller quiet. Bayern targetted him but he more than held him own.
Coquelin 8/10 – Another excellent performance. The Frenchman was everywhere trying to snuff out Bayern attacks in midfield. His passion is infectious too.
Cazorla 7/10 – His creativity was stifled a little as Bayern dictated play but Santi’s quick feet and passing rage were important in getting him out of tricky situations. Set up the opener with his free-kick.
Alexis 7/10 – Lost possession a few times in front of the defence and missed a decent chance early on but worked hard and was a danger on the break.
Ozil 8/10 – Almost opened the scoring early on but denied by Neuer and worked very hard both defensively and when we were in possession. Capped off a superb performance with a late goal.
Ramsey 7/10 – Missed a great chance on the follow up from Neuer’s save from Walcott before being forced off with a hamstring injury. A spell on the sidelines beckons.
Walcott 7.5/10 – Somehow denied a point-blank header by a stunning Neuer save. Always a threat with his pace and he caused Bayern a lot of problems, just lacked a finish.
The Ox 6/10 – Looked lively but again not much end product. Has a chance now Ramsey looks set to be out for a few weeks.
Giroud 8/10 – Super-sub was it again as he popped up with a vital goal. It might have gone in off his hand but who cares.