- Preview: Sunderland v Arsenal, duo ruled out, Ox starts + prediction
- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
Arsenal star shortlisted for 2015 FIFA Ballon d’Or award
Alexis Sanchez has been nominated for the 2015 FIFA Ballon d’Or award, it was confirmed this morning.
The Chilean super-star was an instant hit at Arsenal following his move from Barcelona in the summer of 2014 with his hard-working attitude and supreme talent instantly impressing the fans.
Sanchez went on to enjoy an excellent debut season after scoring 24 goals and providing a further 12 assists in all competitions to help us retain the FA Cup and finish third in the Premier League.
The 26-year-old also took his form in to the international stage as he led Chile to the Copa America title last summer.
Sanchez has now been recognised for his excellent form after being named on a 23-man shortlist for the 2015 FIFA Ballon d’Or award and he joins the likes of Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Robert Lewandowski on the list of nominees.
Other Premier League players shortlisted include Eden Hazard, Sergio Aguero, Kevin De Bruyne and Yaya Toure.
Sanchez is highly unlikely to win the award but it’s just nice for Arsenal to finally have a player again who’s even in contention for the Ballon d’Dor.
Here is a full list of the 23 nominees: