- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
This man to start v Bayern after Wenger confirms injury absentee
Petr Cech is set to start Arsenal’s crucial Champions League clash with Bayern Munich after Arsene Wenger confirmed David Ospina is out with a shoulder injury.
Ospina was selected for our shock defeat at Dinamo Zagreb back in September before scoring an own goal during our disappointing 3-2 defeat to Olympiakos three weeks ago.
Arsenal fans have been praying that the Colombian international wouldn’t be picked again when Bayern come to the Emirates tomorrow night and it appears our prayers have been answered.
Speaking to the media at his press conference today, Arsene confirmed that Ospina has been ruled out with a shoulder problem so Cech is set to start against the German giants.
The boss said:
“Ospina is out injured. He came back from Colombia with a shoulder problem and he’s out.” Wenger is quoted as saying by Sky Sports
Ospina missed our 3-0 win over Watford on Saturday due to the injury and it seems he’s not going to recover in time to take on the Bundesliga champions tomorrow night.
Obviously we never want to see any Arsenal player injured but at least this way it takes away the temptation for Arsene to start Ospina again.
We have to win tomorrow if we want to stand any chance of progressing to the knockout stages of the Champions League and Cech starting in goal is vital for that to happen.