- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Wenger confirms injury boost with star set for swift return
Arsene Wenger has given us some positive injury news after revealing that Gabriel Paulista should be back to face Bayern Munich on Tuesday.
Gabriel was ruled out of Saturday’s clash at Watford with Arsenal Player initially saying he had been struck down by illness.
However, in the build-up to the game at Vicarage Road yesterday the Sky commentators said the Brazilian international had undergone a minor operation.
Obviously after hearing this, most Arsenal fans freaked out and thought he was set for a prolonged spell on the sidelines.
But it looks like Gabriel is set for a swift return to action as Arsene has told Arsenal.com that the defender was able to train on Saturday and is in line to return to the squad for the visit of Bayern Munich on Tuesday.
He [Gabriel] should be available for Tuesday. He had a good training session before we left at our training ground and he looks alright
Thank f*** for that. It would have been a big blow to lose Gabriel as he was in excellent form in the run-up to the international break.
I actually think he should be ahead of Mertesacker now and be Koscielny’s partner in the middle of defence, but I suppose it’s just good that we’ve got three top quality centre-backs to choose from.