- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Wenger confirms key Arsenal man could make swift injury return
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed a huge injury boost ahead of our trip to Watford as Laurent Koscielny could be back for the game.
The centre-back limped out of our shock 3-2 defeat to Olympiakos two weeks ago after straining his hamstring just after half time.
The French international was subsequently forced to sit out our 3-0 win over Manchester United and was expected to be out for at least three weeks.
However, Arsene has now told Arsenal.com that Koscielny will have a fitness test on Thursday and could be available for the short trip to Vicarage Road this weekend.
Koscielny has a slight chance to be back on Saturday. He has a definite test tomorrow
It would be a major boost if Kos was fit again as he’s a vital player for us but I hope we don’t take any risks with him by rushing him back too soon.
Mertesacker and Gabriel were excellent against United and they should be able to deal with Watford this weekend, so if there is any doubt at all over Koscielny’s fitness we should give him more time to recover.
We face a vital clash with Bayern Munich next week so let’s make sure Kos is available for that game and not push him back to face Watford this weekend if he isn’t 100% fit.