- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Wenger confirms injured duo have returned to training
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed Mikel Arteta and Mathieu Flamini have returned to training and could be back in the squad to face Watford on Saturday.
Flamini was forced off early on during our 5-2 win over Leicester last month after suffering a hamstring injury and he’s missed our last two games as a result.
Arteta – who replaced Flamini at the King Power – also picked up a muscle injury during that match and has sat on the sidelines for games against Olympiacos and Manchester United.
However, speaking to Arsenal.com today, Wenger has revealed that the midfielders are both back in full training and could therefore be available to take on Watford this weekend.
The pair will be assessed ahead of the trip to Vicarage Road, but even if passed fit I expect a place on the substitutes bench is the best they can hope for with Francis Coquelin expected to once again start in midfield.
This is what the boss told the clubs website:
Arteta and Flamini are back in full training. We need to see how they are and how confident they are, but we can’t rule it out.