- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Team News: Wenger on Koscielny, Sanchez, Arteta, Flamini & More
Arsene Wenger has given Arsenal.com an injury update ahead of our trip to Watford with the latest on Alexis Sanchez, Laurent Koscielny, Mikel Arteta, Mathieu Flamini, David Ospina and Joel Campbell.
We’ve all been watching on with interest after Sanchez was selected to play in both of Chile’s World Cup qualifiers over the past week despite the fact he was carrying a groin injury.
Thankfully the 26-year-old showed no signs of the problem as he scored three times during the two matches and Arsene has confirmed that Sanchez has sent a text to reassure him that he’s okay.
Fellow South American’s Campbell and Ospina have also sent messages to the boss to confirm they have no fitness concerns too.
There is also positive news regarding Koscielny as Arsene has revealed the defender will have a late fitness test on Thursday and could return from a hamstring injury.
Kos missed the Manchester United win due to the injury and was initially expected to miss around three weeks, but it looks like he’ll be back quicker than first thought.
If he isn’t passed fit for the trip to Vicarage Road on Saturday he should be available for the Bayern Munich clash next week, which will be a major boost.
Wenger has further good news after confirming that Arteta and Flamini are back in full training and could therefore be back in the squad to face Watford.
Both players have been nursing hamstring injuries in recent weeks but it looks like they are now back to full fitness and pushing for recalls this weekend.
So the squad is in decent shape with Wilshere, Welbeck and Rosicky our only long-term concerns.
Here’s what Arsene told the clubs website earlier:
on Laurent Koscielny…
Koscielny has a slight chance to be back on Saturday. He has a definite test tomorrow
on Arteta and Flamini…
Arteta and Flamini are back in full training. We need to see how they are and how confident they are, but we can’t rule it out.
on other team news…
From the internationals we only have positive news. We are still waiting for Campbell, Alexis and Ospina to return, but they all texted back to say they are OK, so we just have to see if they were objective in their assessment.