- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Arsenal News: Sanchez Doubt, South American Tipped For January Exit
As the international break continues to drag I thought I’d report a couple of Arsenal-related stories to brighten up your evening.
First up and it appears Alexis Sanchez is a major doubt to play in Chile’s World Cup qualifier against Brazil due to a groin injury.
Alexis limped out of our 3-0 win over Manchester United last weekend after picking up the injury during the second half but he still linked-up with the Chile squad earlier this week.
However, he hasn’t been able to take part in any training sessions and Chile boss Jorge Sampaoli has admitted he and Arturo Vidal are doubts for the game, which kicks off in the early hours of Friday morning.
“Neither Vidal nor Alexis are confirmed for the Brazil game,” Sampaoli is quoted as saying by the Daily Mail.
Let’s hope they don’t risk Sanchez as Arsene Wenger would be gutted if he aggravated the groin injury while away on international duty.
Alexis is back firing on all cylinders so the last thing we need is him being ruled out through injury.
Meanwhile, the Daily Mail are reporting that David Ospina is set to leave the club during the January transfer window.
Ospina was persuaded to stay by Arsene in the summer following the arrival of Petr Cech and was promised he’d see a reasonable amount of game time in the cups.
However, the Colombian dropped a huge clanger during our shock Champions League defeat to Olympiakos and he admitted earlier this week while on international duty that his future at the club is looking ‘difficult’.
The Daily Mail now claim that a move in January could now be on the cards with Besiktas, Getafe, Genoa and Palermo already putting forward loan offers for the South American.
I don’t think Ospina has any long-term future at the club but I’d personally be surprised if he was to leave this winter as we’ve already let Szczesny leave on loan so we’d have no experienced back-up for Cech – unless we bring someone else in of course.
The mistake against Olympiakos will have killed his confidence but he’s got to stand up and respond in the right way. Arsene would be mad to start him against Bayern later this month but he should get an opportunity against Sheffield Wednesday in the League Cup.
Right, that’s your lot. Unfortunately we still have over a week left until proper football returns…..