- Preview: Sunderland v Arsenal, duo ruled out, Ox starts + prediction
- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
Revealed: These 2 Arsenal Stars Set To Start vs Olympiakos
David Ospina and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are set to start versus Olympiakos tonight with Petr Cech and Aaron Ramsey rested ahead of Sunday’s clash with Manchester United, according to the Mirror.
Arsene Wenger made wholesale changes for the game at Dinamo Zagreb two weeks ago and although he’s set to resist such a temptation this evening, it looks like the boss will leave out at least two of his first team regulars.
The Mirror claim that Cech will be left out in favour of Ospina because Wenger has apparently promised the Colombian international a certain amount of games this season.
Ospina played at Zagreb and in the Capital One Cup game at Tottenham so it appears he’s going to be largely used in the cup competitions this season – although Wenger says he’ll make a decision on his Champions League keeper on a game-by-game basis.
“What I just want to say, it was not because I have decided Ospina [always] plays in the Champions League. It will go game by game and there can be a different decision.” Wenger is quoted as saying by the Mirror.
“I need to give him [Ospina] games and I think he is a top-level goalkeeper, but that doesn’t mean that he will play.
“That’s our job, our job is about selection and competing with other players. I think he [Ospina] does that extremely well.
The newspaper also says that Ramsey will be rested ahead of the United game with Oxlade-Chamberlain set to come in on the right-wing.
I personally think it’s a big gamble to leave Cech and Rambo out tonight and I can’t beleive we’re taking the Champions League so lightly. We work hard every year to qualify but then rest key players when we’re actually competing in the competition?
It just doesn’t make sense to me. Especially for a game that’s become so important as another poor result tonight and we’ll have a mountain to climb in order to qualify from the group stages.
Ospina and The Ox are obviously good enough to play against the likes of Olypmpiakos but I just think we should be playing our best side tonight. Let’s hope it doesn’t back-fire.