- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Ratings: Ospina has a shocker as Arsenal crash 3-2 to Olympiakos
Another embarrassing night for Arsenal in the Champions League ended with a 3-2 defeat to Olympiakos at the Emirates tonight.
The first goal was unlucky but Wenger’s gamble to play Ospina over Cech back-fired in spectacular fashion as the Colombian’s horrific error for the second goal cost us dearly.
Poor defending led to the third and we gave ourselves a mountain to climb. Concede three goals at home to Olympiakos and you get what you deserve; nothing.
Here are my ratings:
Ospina 3/10 - Absolute shocker. Dropped the ball unchallenged into his own net for 1-2. May not have gone over the line but terrible keeping all the same.
Bellerin 5/10 - Looked to get forward when he could but delivery was poor at times.
Koscielny 6/10 - Forced off after tweaking his hamstring while making a fine slide tackle. Fingers crossed its not serious.
Gabriel 6/10 - Made a couple of important interceptions but was part of a defence that let in three to piss poor opposition.
Gibbs 5/10 - Badly exposed for the crucial third goal. Still has big areas to improve in his defending, hence why he’s behind Monreal.
Coquelin 6/10 - Subbed early in the second half as we went for goals.
Cazorla 6/10 - Somehow had a shot cleared off the line at 1-2. Just wasn’t his night.
Oxlade-Chamberlain 4/10 - Unfortunate with their first goal deflecting off him but wasn’t really closing down with any intent. Failed to step-up when needed. His final ball is just too erratic.
Alexis 7.5/10 - Only player to leave with his head held high. Good ball for Walcott’s equaliser and on hand to head home for 2-2. Worked his socks off.
Ozil 5/10 - Close with a free kick but otherwise poor by his standards. Passing was below par and kept finding himself offside.
Walcott 7/10 - Bit lucky with his goal but great run all the same. Lovely assist for Sanchez’s goal. Looking lively as a centre forward. Shame we can’t defend.
Mertesacker 5/10 – On for the injured Koscielny. Poor defending for the third as he made little attempt to block the shot.
Ramsey 5/10 – Selfish at time again as he tried to force the shot rather than play a pass.
Terrible performance, particularly from the keeper and defence, and we now need a minor miracle to get out the group.