- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Wenger offers injury update on Coquelin and Flamini
Arsene Wenger says Francis Coquelin could return for Tuesday’s clash with Olympiacos while he confirmed Mathieu Flamini has picked up a hamstring injury.
Coquelin has missed our last two games against Tottenham and Leicester after being forced off with a knee injury at Stamford Bridge last weekend.
Arsene suggested at his press conference on Friday that the Frenchman would miss Tuesday’s Champions League game and only had a chance of being fit to face Manchester United next Sunday.
However, we’ve been handed something of a boost as the boss now says Coquelin could be available to face Olympiacos in midweek.
It would be a timely return as Flamini – who started in the holding role against Leicester today – was forced off inside the opening 20 minutes and Arsene has confirmed he’s suffered a hamstring injury.
I guess we’ll have to wait for further assessment before we’ll know how long he’ll be out for but I’m guessing it will be at least a couple of weeks.
Here’s what the boss told Arsenal.com after our 5-2 win over Leicester today:
Coquelin could be available for Tuesday. Today we lost Mathieu Flamini and the only one that could come back is Coquelin and Gabriel is not suspended.
on Flamini’s injury…