- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Spanish giants eye surprise January swoop for Arsenal star
Barcelona are eyeing a surprise January swoop for Arsenal forward Theo Walcott after Rafinha was ruled out for the rest of the season through injury, according to Mundo Deportivo.
The Brazilian international was forced off during Wednesday’s Champions League clash with AS Roma and it’s now been confirmed he suffered cruciate ligament damage which is expected to rule him out for the rest of the campaign.
With Pedro sold to Chelsea in the summer, Barca are suddenly left with limited options in attack and boss Luis Enrique is expected to request a new forward in January – when the clubs transfer ban is lifted.
Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo claim that Walcott is on the Catalans list of targets and Barca are now eyeing a surprise move for the Arsenal ace this winter.
Obviously the lure of playing for the European champions would be a tempting one for Theo but I personally don’t see any need for us to worry too much.
Walcott only recently signed a new four-year deal at the Emirates so we’re under no pressure to sell any time soon.
Arsene has also just started to give Theo his chance through the middle as a centre forward – something he’s been waiting for for years – which has led to him scoring 11 goals in his last 11 league games.
Theo is expected to be given the nod ahead of Giroud for today’s huge clash at Chelsea following his superb goal against Zagreb in midweek so he’s starting to establish himself as our main striker.
Plus, why would Walcott leave Arsenal just to sit on the Barca bench? He’s got virtually no chance of starting ahead of Suarez, Neymar or Messi unless one of them picks up an injury.
So as scary as it sounds when Barcelona are linked with one of our players, I’d be shocked if anything came of these stories surrounding Walcott.