- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Photos: No sign of injury doubt as Arsenal train ahead of Chelsea
There was no sign of Per Mertesacker in training today as Arsenal went through their final preparations ahead of tomorrow’s trip to Chelsea.
Mertesacker didn’t travel to Croatia in midweek for our Champions League clash against Dinamo Zagreb after failing to recover from a virus in time.
The German defender hasn’t featured for us during our last four matches after suffering the illness last month and he’s struggled to shake it off.
Per has been training in recent days but Arsene cast doubt over his availability tomorrow after saying he was likely to be ‘a bit short’ of match fitness during his press conference earlier.
The club have now released images from today’s training session and there is no sign of Mertesacker as Wenger and his coaches put the players through their paces.
Obviously he could still have taken part in training but just not been shown in the photos, but if I was a betting man I’d say he won’t make the trip to Stamford Bridge tomorrow.
Even if he was available, I’d like to see Arsene stick with Gabriel alongside Laurent Koscielny as the Brazilian has been excellent recently.
Here are some snaps from training today courtesy of Arsenal.com: