- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal man ruled out for up to six weeks
Arsenal’s on-loan goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has been ruled out for up to six weeks after dislocating his finger playing for AS Roma last night.
Szczesny has been impressing during his season long loan spell so far and was out to put in an eye-catching display against Barcelona in the Champions League on Wednesday evening.
However, the Polish international was forced off after clashing with former Liverpool striker Luis Suarez during a 1-1 draw at the Stadio Olimpico.
Replays show the pair in a tangle before Szczesny has a swipe at Suarez, and Football Italia claim that is has now been confirmed the keeper has dislocated his finger.
Further scans will be undertaken before a precise time-scale will be put on his recovery but the outlet suggests that Roma’s Radio station has confirmed he’ll be out for between 4-6 weeks.
Based on the fact he’s contracted to Arsenal, I think it’s safe to assume Szczesny will be out for the full six weeks….if not even longer. That will mean he’ll miss two Champions League games as well as several Serie A matches, including trips to Palermo and Sampdoria.
It’s a big blow for Szczesny as he was starting to get back to his best and he was looking to reinvigorate his career while at Roma, but it looks like he’ll now be sidelined until around the start of November.