- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsenal hit by another crushing injury blow – report
Some very worrying reports are circulating suggesting that Jack Wilshere does need surgery that will rule him out for another 3 months.
As I reported on Monday, the newspapers claimed that Arsenal were waiting to see how Jack’s leg fracture was healing before making any decision over possible surgery.
However, according to Football Insider, Wilshere has now been informed by a specialist that he will require surgery on his left fibula in order to finally clear up his latest injury.
The site claims that Jack will go under the knife in the next few days and will be ruled out for another three months. If true, this is another crushing injury blow for the 23-year-old and it means he’ll be out of action until around Christmas time.
Arsene Wenger admitted last week that Wilshere had suffered a little setback but we were expecting that to mean three, maybe four, weeks on the sidelines. Not three months. So this will come as a HUGE blow.
Jack’s career has been plagued by injury issues and he missed five months of last season with ankle problems. This was meant to be the year he finally got over his injury woes and enjoyed an injury-free campaign, but it appears he’s now set to miss the entire first half of the season.
However, let’s wait for more concrete news to come out. Football Insider isn’t the most established of sources – although it is run by former Goal correspondent Wayne Vessey and while his transfer news is almost always wide of the mark, he has a decent record when it comes to injury news.
If Jack is ruled out again, he’ll join Danny Welbeck on the sidelines with the attacker ruled out until at least Christmas following knee surgery.
How ironic that we’ve suffered serious injury to two players in the positions [central midfield and up front] most fans wanted strengthened in the summer….