- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal plotting €10m January move for ‘new Fabregas’ – report
The winter transfer window is still a long way away but it looks like Arsene Wenger is planning ahead as the Mirror are reporting today that Arsenal are eyeing a January move for Spanish starlet Dani Ceballos.
The 19-year-old came through the youth ranks at Real Betis before breaking into the first team set-up last season and is now considered as one of Spain’s most promising young talents.
He is already a regular for Betis and has recently been capped by Spain at U21 level after starring for the U19′s during their European Championship win this summer.
A central midfielder who’s known for his passing ability, Ceballos has predictably been dubbed as the ‘new Cesc Fabregas’ by many corners of the media and he’s tipped to have a bright future in the game.
It remains to be seen whether he’ll go on to have a career likes Fabregas’s, but the teenager could follow in his footsteps as the Mirror are carrying a report claiming Arsenal are showing a keen interest in his services.
The newspaper suggests that we’re going to deploy scouts to watch the youngster in action over the coming months ahead of a potential move this winter.
Ceballos has just entered the final year of his contract and has a buy-out clause worth €10m (£7.5m), although I’m sure Arsene would hope to negotiate a better deal if we do move for him in January as he’ll have less than 6 months remaining on his contract by that point.