- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal blow as key man aggravates injury on international duty
Arsenal face an anxious wait to see if Laurent Koscielny will be fit to face Stoke City after he aggravated a back injury while away on international duty with France, as reported in the Express.
Koscielny missed our recent draw with Liverpool due to a niggling back problem and while he returned against Newcastle before the international break, it seems he’s aggravated the injury while away with his nation this week.
The 29-year-old was forced to fit out of France’s 2-1 win over Serbia last night after complaining of pain in his lower back and he’s now considered as a doubt to for our clash with Stoke on Saturday.
If he’s ruled out, Per Mertesacker should come back into the starting eleven alongside Gabriel after recovering from illness which has seen him miss our last two games.
Kos will be assessed when he gets back to North London but I don’t think Arsene Wenger will take any chances with him as we’ve got some important away games coming up.
Another injury to a key player is the last thing we need after Danny Welbeck was ruled out until the new year following knee surgery, while Jack Wilshere and Tomas Rosicky are also on the sidelines.