- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
Video: Giroud misses simple chance, Arsenal striker gets booed off
Olivier Giroud had another one of ‘those’ nights as he missed a hat full of chances before being booed off by his own supporters during France’s 1-0 win over Serbia on Monday night.
The Arsenal hitman is known to have to odd off day in front of goal and this was certainly one of those occasions for the 28-year-old.
He failed to convert at least three guilt-edge chances for the hosts during the opening 45 minutes, including the one below that shows Giroud dragging his shot wide after being teed-up by a delightful pass from Griezmann.
Olivier was eventually put out his misery and replaced by Karim Benzema in the 63rd minute but the home crowd at the Stade Atlantique in Bordeaux let him know what they thought of his performance with the Arsenal man booed as he left the field.
France were leading 2-1 at the time thanks to a double from Matuidi and it was only a friendly, so it’s extremely harsh from the French fans to turn on one of their own like that.
Giroud is a confidence player so let’s hope this episode doesn’t affect him when he returns to Arsenal later this week. The last thing we need is him losing his confidence in front of goal.
I can’t find full highlights just yet but here is a vine of one of Giroud’s misses from the game: