- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Video: Arsenal’s Brazilian loanee grabs assist in MOTM display
Arsenal loanee Wellington Silva grabbed an impressive assist on way to picking up the Man of the Match award during Bolton Wanderers’ friendly win over Motherwell yesterday.
Silva has been on Arsenal’s books since joining the club from Fluminense in 2011 but is yet to make his first appearance for the first team.
The 22-year-old has spent the last four years out on loan in Spain and after being granted a Spanish passport, he’s now returned to the UK where he was sent out on loan to Bolton this summer.
Silva was in action during Keith Laskey’s testimonial on Sunday after scooped the MOTM award after an impressive performance that included him setting up Emile Heskey with a pin-point cross.
The Brazilian under-21 winger beat his man on the outside before firing in a cross which was easily converted by the former Liverpool striker en route to a 2-1 victory.
Hopefully Silva can get a solid year under his belt at Bolton this season before returning to Arsenal ready to push for a place in Arsene Wenger’s squad next summer.
Watch his assist here: