- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal to renew interest in €61.5m striker as club prepares to sell
The transfer window may have closed but the transfer speculation continues as the Express claims that Arsenal will renew their interest in Edinson Cavani with Paris Saint-Germain supposedly ready to sell the €61.5m rated striker in January.
Arsene Wenger was widely reported to have been desperately trying to bring in another striker before the window slammed shut on Tuesday evening and Cavani was a name strongly linked.
Reports suggested that Arsene had flown to Paris to hold talks over a deal on Monday and although there has been claims that the boss refused to meet PSG’s £50m asking price, most media outlets believe the French club refused to sell at such a late stage in the window.
However, the Express are now citing reports coming out of Spain that claim PSG are prepared to cash-in on the Uruguayan international during the January transfer window with a price-tag of €61.5m (£45m) mooted.
Obviously this news will have alerted Arsenal, with the paper suggesting Wenger is ready to renew his interest in the 28-year-old but we could face competition from the likes of Manchester United.
Cavani has already scored three goals for PSG this season, including a double against Monaco last Sunday, but was shifted back out to the wing during that game after Zlatan Ibrahimovic returned from a back injury.
Who knows how much truth there is behind these reports that PSG are considering selling but I’d personally be shocked if they would even contemplate it during the winter. Why would they sell a key player mid-season?
If Cavani is to leave Paris, I think he’s far more likely to do it next summer and by that point he’ll have turned 29 and I don’t think Arsene will pay big money for a player approaching 30.
Therefore, I think the Cavani ship has sailed and would bet anything that we won’t see him arrive at Arsenal in January…..